GSAS Dissertation Completion Fellowship
G4+ February 9, 2018 deadline to upload into CARAT system -- advisor uploads evaluation directly into the system
Nothing is submitted to the department directly.
For GSAS fellowships, the following are the steps and requirements:
The most important new step is that students now apply for the GSAS dissertation completion fellowship entirely through the electronic CARAT application by the deadline of February 9. This replaces the old system of submitting applications to departments on a designated department deadline. The CARAT application is available at the GSAS Fellowships Office website at the bottom of the DCF webpage. In addition to the CARAT application form, the following items need to be uploaded into the electronic GSAS application.
CARAT applications to the participating Harvard research centers, although similar to the GSAS process, must be submitted directly to each individual Harvard center to which you are applying.
- GSAS Dissertation Completion Fellowships (Whiting, Graduate Society Fellowships, etc.)
- Center for American Political Studies Dissertation Fellowships
- Center for American Political Studies (CAPS) Loeb Initiative
- David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies Dissertation Completion Fellowship
- Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies Dissertation Completion Fellowships
- Mahindra Humanities Center Mellon Interdisciplinary Dissertation Completion Fellowship
- Korea Institute Completion Grants
- Korea Institute Supplementary Dissertation Grants
- Minda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies Dissertation Completion Fellowship
- Minda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies Dissertation Research Fellowship
- Radcliffe Dissertation Completion Fellowships
- Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies Supplementary Research/Dissertation Completion Grants
- (Charles) Warren Center for Studies in American History Dissertation Completion Grants
- Weatherhead Center for International Affairs Canada Program Dissertation Research and Writing Fellowships
Sample winning fellowship applications of all types are archived for reference in the Department Administrator’s office.